As a response to the Top 30 Ruby on Rails Tutorials, I’ve compiled a list of the top 30 Django tutorials and articles. These links are in addition to the great documentation on the Django project site.
The list in no particular order…
- Are you generic?
- Sending E-Mails via Templates
- Django admin for your PHP app?
- Hacking FreeComment
- the difference between â€˜blankâ€™ and â€˜nullâ€™
- Using Django’s TemplateTags
- A Django website that took (a lot) more than 20 minutes
- Forms With Multiple Inline Objects
- Extending Generic Views
- Template context processors
- Custom SQL In Django
- How Django processes a request
- Write better template tags
- Extending the User model
- Django’s Undocumented contenttype app
- Django, gzip and WSGI
- Django for non-programmers
- Django Templates: The Power of Inheritance
- Django Templates: An Introduction
- Setting up Django on Dreamhost
- Django on Windows HOWTO
- Django Admin Hack – Fields varying with user permissions
- Some django gotchas
- Django Templates are not limited
- Develop for the Web with Django and Python
- An AJAX ComboBox Widget for Django
- Using Django’s Free Comments
- MochiKit and Django
- RSS made stupidly simple
- Installing Django on OSX
Note: keep an eye out at Django’s community page for new tutorials and articles.
- Official Documentation
- Web Development for Perfectionists with Deadlines (VIDEO)
- Django-friendly web hosts
- Sites using Django
If you have an additional tutorial, put it in the comments.