Top 30 Django Tutorials and Articles 32

As a response to the Top 30 Ruby on Rails Tutorials, I’ve compiled a list of the top 30 Django tutorials and articles. These links are in addition to the great documentation on the Django project site.

For those who don’t know, Django is a Python web development framework that makes development super fast.

The list in no particular order…

1. Are you generic?
  2. Sending E-Mails via Templates
  3. Django admin for your PHP app?
  4. Hacking FreeComment
  5. the difference between ‘blank’ and ‘null’
  6. Using Django’s TemplateTags
  25. Develop for the Web with Django and Python
  26. An AJAX ComboBox Widget for Django
  27. Using Django’s Free Comments
  28. MochiKit and Django
  29. RSS made stupidly simple
  30. Installing Django on OSX

Note: keep an eye out at Django’s community page for new tutorials and articles.

Related Links

If you have an additional tutorial, put it in the comments.

digg story

32 thoughts on “Top 30 Django Tutorials and Articles

1. Reply Realmac Jul 18, 2006 07:38

This is a great list. You should add it to the wiki, after a few people have visited your site of course.

2. Reply David, biologeek Jul 18, 2006 17:51

Thanks for this ressource, I can now delete a lot of my django bookmarks ;)

French speaking people can follow my website’s link which is a translation of main tutorials in French. Enjoy!

3. Reply Dirceu Pereira Tiegs Jul 19, 2006 02:46

Wow, great list! Thanks and congratulations.

4. Reply Chris Jul 20, 2006 01:19

@Realmac

I tried to put the list on the Wiki but the new spam filter blacklisted me. I assume it was triggered because the post was mostly links. Once I’m no longer blacklisted it will be there.

@Dirceu Pereira Tiegs

Thanks. Did i win something? ;)

5. Reply Harish Mallipeddi Jul 20, 2006 10:27

Great list!

Now that you’ve 30, here’s a request for something more :)

I’m looking for a tutorial which would give me an idea of how one can modify the models (database schema) in a production server safely without losing any data. This is the only part of Django which I’m still not completely happy with. I wish Django took care of ORM intelligently not just initially but even after subsequent changes to the models. But anyways until someone tries to automate this, I guess we’ve to stick to manual methods.

If you find anything related to this, please do post it up here!

Many Thanks!

6. Pingback: Codeline » 30 статей о Django

7. Reply wxtr Jul 27, 2006 16:00

thanks a lot

8. Pingback: import this. » Blog Archive » Top 30 Django tutorials

9. Pingback: Hamm On Wry » Blog Archive » Coming to your digital Rescue!

10. Reply ksh Jul 29, 2006 15:46

Great list!

I want to provide link to one more tutorial: http://step-inside.org/blog/2006/jul/01/django_blog_notifying_comments_email/

It describes how to using signals (from django.dispatch) to send e-mail when new comment is posted.

11. Reply Matt Aug 1, 2006 23:33

I’ve just helped out with an article on extending Django’s database API to support MySQL’s full-text search capabilities: http://www.mercurytide.com/knowledge/white-papers/django-full-text-search.

12. Pingback: mcdave.net » links for 2007-01-20

13. Reply Alex Homer Jan 28, 2007 22:21

Can you give us a tutorial on installing Maven. Thank you.

14. Reply Stan Feb 13, 2007 12:08

Can you give us a tutorial on installing Maven??? Thank you.

15. Reply Sascha Peilicke Mar 7, 2007 21:10

Hello, here is a tutorial of mine on how to integrate a simple blog in a
    django project. I uploaded some example code which shows how to build a blog
    app. Attention, you should be able to read german :-)

16. Reply Sascha Peilicke May 6, 2007 16:46

I suppose I can add a little tutorial about how to use reStructuredText markup filter in django and adding some custom extensions to it, like pygments syntax highlighting:

17. Reply Paul Tall Aug 20, 2007 20:02

For the person asking how to migrate DB changes in Django.

Also I think this site has many interesting tutorials:

18. Reply Siyaz Jun 13, 2008 21:14

Thank You for provding all important tutorial links in one place.

19. Pingback: links for 2008-11-18 « Rafael Alcalde Cazorla

20. Pingback:  Rizwan Mansuri's Blog

21. Pingback: Полезные примочки для Dajngo » proft.com.ua [Блог о Web, IT, life]

22. Pingback: A Roundup of 10 Django Tutorials | blogfreakz.com

23. Pingback: python tut - SoftwareBuzzer.com

24. Pingback: {Pixels Space} » Blog Archive » learn Django from the web

25. Reply LorencoBop Dec 10, 2010 16:34

Where is admin?!

26. Pingback: the blixtra blog » Blog Archive » Top 30 Django Tutorials and Articles | Invisible Inkling

27. Pingback: the blixtra blog » Blog Archive » Top 30 Django Tutorials and Articles - dhansson - dhansson

28. Pingback: A Roundup of 10 Django Tutorials | codeManiac - Snippets, Templates, API and the best developer content